Thursday, April 22, 2021

TD38: Busy Day

 I made 4 trades today which is a record for me and something I don't like to do generally.

Yesterday afternoon, I decided to buy VIAC and NNDM.  Both were getting a lot of hype and moving well.  It seemed like they would move higher in the morning, so I went for it.

VIAC:  I made 6.8%

NNDM:  I made 2.0%--it started going sideways in the morning, so I jumped out for a small gain

I decided to buy SKLZ as it was the biggest premarket gainer and was having some great movement.  I turned on Warrior Trading live stream (last one for the summer...boo), and he didn't like it because it had a large float.  I decided to look for an exit quickly and get out.  So, I got a 2.9% gain.

I got excited while watching Warrior Trading this morning.  He streams his entire trading day on Thursdays because he donates everything to charity.  BTX halted, and he jumped in, so I decided to as well. Bad idea!  He is a great trader, but I can't keep up with him as he can trade very quickly.  I bought after the halt and had a loss all day.  I decided to get out for a small 1.3% loss this afternoon when it moved up a bit.  Of course, as soon as I sold it, it jumped up and I would have had a huge gain.  Oh, well.  I'm glad to be out since I watched it in sadness almost all day.

Yay!  Just saw I didn't sell all of my BTX.  I had the wrong quantity.  I sold 11 at a loss for 1.3%, but I sold 7 at a 14.7% profit!

Also, found a mistake on my tracking spreadsheet.  Not sure how it happened, but it is fixed now.

My $100 is now at $239.04, a 3.7% average daily rate.

The market is very choppy these days.  I'm hoping for better trading ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment