Thursday, April 1, 2021

TD 30 and 31: Making progress

So glad to be done trading for the week.  The market is closed tomorrow for Good Friday.  

I did a couple of decent trades yesterday, but they left me sweating a bit.  I, again, decided to do multiple trades which does not make for an easy day.  I was glad they both paid off, but as usual, I promise myself that I will stick to one trade going forward.

3/31:

Ticker:  RKDA, 3.0% gain

Ticker:  SVRA, 5.0% gain

I'm sticking with the strategy of going with the premarket gainers.  They tend to move nicely as at each half hour new traders start and see them on their scanners.  I'm getting lazy with my due diligence, though, which makes for a bit of stress when things go sideways, and I'm not sure if I should get out or stick with it.  Sometimes a big mover starts losing off if the news they were triggered on was not enough to keep the momentum.  

4/1: 

Ticker:  JAGX, 5.0% gain

I was so relieved with my trade this morning.  I looked at the top 3 premarket movers around 7am.  JAGX was the only one trading above its VWAP which is a good sign.  I had to take the kids to school, so I bought it around 7:10am. Because I couldn't watch it closely, I set a sell at a reasonable limit.  Halfway through the school dropoffs, my sell order went through.  It is so nice to be done for the day by 7:45am.  I'm so tempted to make another trade, but I'm holding back because I have other things to do today besides staring at a computer screen.

Total of my $100:  $145.71, a 1.5% average daily rate

I am hoping to get a few trades in while on vacation.  We tend to be quite lazy in the mornings, so it might be nice to sit on the deck and watch some tickers.  I also need to start educating myself on the TD Ameritrade analysis tools, so I can start using it instead of etrade.  It will be very beneficial to have a 5 minute chart and a 1 minute chart up at the same time.  My favorite trader always starts his trades when the first 5 minute candle has made a new high, and the 1 minute candle has a pullback.  

In other news, I bought my first cryptokitty.  He's super cute and completely worthless.  I thought I could breed him, but the ethereum network is completely bogged down, and it would cost $5k just to get on the network.  Grrr....I really wanted some cute kitties.  


No comments:

Post a Comment