Monday, March 10, 2014

Day 2

Yesterday was a great day all around, except for the pesky change to daylights savings.  Beautiful weather, and we even made progress on our next youtube project.  Of course, that means that a million more important things didn't get done, like laundry and cleaning house...but, youtube is so much more worth it.  Sadly, my editor is not a teenager who can edit in 5 seconds.  He is a middle age man who is easily cast as a zombie, so we work a little more slowly around here.

Of course, yesterday's eating all started with my typical oatmeal.

I choose to have my smoothies at lunchtime.  They really do pick me up.  If you haven't heard us sign the praises of our vita-mix enough, then just you wait.  It truly is my all-time fave kitchen appliance.


This is what I call my vegan junk food lunch.  An Amy's burrito and chips with gauc.  It's awfully good, but not that light on the calories.  Of course, I had to use our Darryl glass since it was TWD night (not that we get to watch it--no cable, no Darryl.)
 My downfall in the afternoon came when I let myself get ravenous before dinner.  I got my favorite loaf of bread from Bi-lo and chowed down.  Now, you'll understand why I can't lose weight.  The problem with this vegan stuff is that you are pretty much hungry all day.  I must do better about keeping ahead of it.
And, for dinner, we had what the Princess calls "heaven."  It's the Happy Herbivore mini meatloaf with homemade mashed potatoes with BBQ sauce.  It's super easy to make and tastes great, too.
I finished up the night with 5 chocolate covered pretzels whilst watching another Sunday night show we couldn't watch on cable, Breaking Bad. Thank goodness for Netflix. 

So, I'm doing ok on the vegan, but awful on trying to be a Forks over Knives vegan.  Oil really is awesome after all.  I totally failed to weight myself this morning, so I'll have to update that tomorrow.

We spent a lot of time yesterday trying to book another extras gig for the Hubs.  He is oddly in hot demand.  Sadly, they really wanted him for 4 days which is a no go for us.  As much as he does enjoy making minimum wage, we have to be a little more choosy about how he spends his time.  Otherwise, our youtube video will really never get made, and we keep our priorities straight around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment