Monday, March 17, 2014

Meatless at least

I've already gotten a little lazy on taking pictures of everything I eat.  Of course, part of that may be subliminal self-sabotage because I don't want to post a picture of me eating a mound of cheese.

Friday ended up being a truly fantastic day both food and exercise wise.  I discovered the joy of the double work-out.  It was fantastic, and it helped me lose a pound!!  I went to the gym in the morning and just did the elliptical, but on my way out I ran into an old friend who was signing the praises of Spin.  So, we went to spin Friday night.  I felt good, and it made me want to attempt to get double workouts almost every day.

Naturally, life got in the way of the double workout plan.  Saturday we did a big volunteer morning with our church.  It was great fun, but not exactly cardio.  Then, we had a party all night with our besties which involved a lot of me sitting at a table watching friend do all the work.  If only she had had a weight machine in her kitchen--I would have looked at it and still done nothing.  The cheese also started to make its march towards glory on Saturday.  We picked up cheese pizza for the kids to eat while friend was making healthy vegan spaghetti for us.  Sadly, the cheese pizza kept calling my name, and I kept responding dutifully.

Sunday was rainy and made me want to go back to my true roots of being completely lazy.  And, so that is what we did.  I read a book while the hubs worked feverishly putting together a clip of his extra gig that finally aired last Sunday.  Unfortunately, because of our ignorance of the non-disclosure agreement he had to sign, we have no idea if we can post it or not.  So, if you want to see it, you'll have to come to our house.  Sunday, I consumed more cheese as well.  Because once it starts I can't stop.

But, I did have some wins:

1--No meat (and I had plenty of opportunity)--of course a real vegan, would describe cheese as liquid meat, but I won't go there yet.

2--No coke

3--Lots of Little House on the Prairie watching.  We are starting in 1974 and we aren't stopping until Shannon Dougherty shows up and Albert goes to rehab.  What other show can really take you from the shaggy hair of the 70s to the awesome divas of the 80s and still rock it out Pioneer style??

This might be the last time she smiled, but how can you not smile in Walnut Grove.  Way better than that other zip code
Rock it out, Manly.  That is some good looking hair

No comments:

Post a Comment