Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!

 Ticker Purchased:  SNDL @ $2.20/share

Reason:  Was trying to buy a premarket gainer, but nothing stood out.  I put in an order for Under Armour, but etrade didn't execute it when the market opened.  So I waited until the market was open for 20 minutes and picked a market mover.  This stock is also loved by wallstreetbets, so it had unusual momentum

Sold:  @ $2.45, a 11.0% gain

Reason Sold:  The price initially went up and then dipped down quickly.  I put an order in to sell at $2.50 but etrade did not execute it.  That made me a bit nervous when it dipped below my purchase price.  When I saw it moving back up, I set my sell at $2.45 to make sure I unloaded it at a profit.  

Ticker price at End of Day:  $2.95  Sold too early again, but I didn't have time to watch it, so I'm glad I got out for a respectable gain

Balance of my $100:  $107.66

Proud of my first win!  And, tomorrow I have more money to work with.  I think I'm going to stick with under $5 stocks that have a lot of volume.  It is a lot easier to see movement when the stock is trading in the millions of shares rather than 100ks. 

On my to do list is to try to figure out why etrade did not execute on 2 of my orders quickly.  Very bizarre!

I'm also going to watch more youtube videos on interpreting candlestick charts.   Those candlesticks can do lots of funky things.

I was mad at my family this week, so that took a bit of energy out of researching stocks.  Day trading takes a high amount of focus and energy which is not often produced when in a funky state of spite and resentment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment