Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Day 92: Instincts are Kicking in!

 I am very happy with Day 92!  I didn't have a grand slam winner, but I correctly saw when I needed to bail out.  It felt so good to feel my instincts kick in and tell me what to do.  I so often ignore them and keep waiting, but this time they saved me.

Ticker:  BPTH

News:  FDA approved phase 1 trial for cancer drug

Float:  6.93M

Price Bought:  $7.82

Price Sold:  $8.21

Gain:  $49.53, 5.0%

Balance:  $1,128.48

BPTH was the leading gapper and also had a small float with news.  Winner, winner chicken dinner.  It was the obvious choice to purchase, so I got it on the first 5 minute candle to make a new high.  Ross was not going to trade it as it has a history of flushing fast.  I've also noticed that phase 1 trial approvals really aren't a super great catalyst.  I decided to jump on thinking it would get to $8.50 and set that as my price target.  As we moved towards bell, it started breaking out but wasn't pushing past $8.30.  When it seemed to be moving slowly, I decided to bail before the bell. If something has a lot of momentum it will typically start moving pretty fast around 9:28.  I am so glad I got out as it did flush.  It did make a move around 9:45 and I maybe could have sold for $8.50, but it immediately flushed from there.  If I can have consistent days like this, I'll become a very profitable trader :)






No comments:

Post a Comment