Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Carrots

After my past lackluster couple of weeks in the no snooze challenge, I decided to get more serious last night and invest my hard earned $1.99 on an app called The Carrot Alarm.


This is the description in the app store:

Since the dawn of time, no human has ever looked forward to waking up. 

Until now. Meet CARROT, the sentient alarm clock. 


I was super excited to try it and kick this habit to the curb.  I read the instructions carefully:

1-Set Alarm
2-Put facing down on your bedside table
3-Leave on charger

Done, Done, and my battery is fully charged, so I'll skip that.  The ipad was way more important to get a full charge as it is our carrot in the morning for the kids to get ready for school.

I spent most of the night not looking forward to the alarm going off.  And, yes, I mean most of the night as we were delightfully awakened by first thunder, then the dog trying to literally dig to get into girl's room (her favorite hiding spot), followed by a lot of panting (from dog lest you think otherwise), then boy coming into room not being able to sleep from traumatic finger injury, followed by boy not being able to sleep because he doesn't have his big blanket, then....well, you get the idea.

Next thing I know, I'm hearing the nails on the wall sound that is the NPR pledge drive blasting from Hubs' alarm.  Yeah, so, the Carrot Alarm really has to be on the charger because it sucks down your battery until your phone is dead, dead, dead.

I'll give it another try tonight.  But, it does give me an idea to create an alarm with the sounds of the NPR pledge drive.  Oh, how I hate that time of the year (or rather those times of the year.)

Here's to getting my carrots in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment