Tuesday, February 16, 2021

A good day and hopefully a good tomorrow

 Tickers Purchased: NAT @ $3.62/share

Reason:  Above 20 and 200 period moving average over all time periods.  Had strong support and resistance.  Thought earnings would come out, but that was #fakenews.  Did not buy until 9:45, and I could see a clear in and out.

Sold:  $3.72/share

Reason Sold: It got to its resistance, and the volume was very low.  So, I got out right when I should.

Ticker price at End of Day: $3.68, so I found the right exit.

Balance of my $100:  $107.47, a 2.7% increase


I spent all weekend reading "A Beginner's Guide to Day Trading" by Toni Turner.  Learned all kinds of neat things.

The most important thing to keep in mind is to only be concerned with making a good trade...not how much money it involves.  Must keep emotion out of it!  Definitely served me well on the trade today. 

I decided to make an afternoon trade after lunch, so I bought the ticker SENS.  It was making a break out-was at an all time high above all of its moving averages.  I purchased it because it was at a high and had no resistance to stop it and decent support.  After reading about it, I discovered that it is being propelled forward by the reddit crowd on the news that this company will soon have a diabetic medication to market.  Because of that, I decided to hold until the morning.  Toni Turner said that if you are in an uptrend and you end the day on a doji, you should hold overnight.  

I'm going to follow her advice for this trade and hope for a good tomorrow.  It feels good to have a stock readied for tomorrow.  It's a little stressful in the morning trying to pick one :)









No comments:

Post a Comment