Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Monday, Feb 9--A Gain Not Realized

Ticker Purchased:  TDC @ $39.87/share

Reason:  Consistently up in pre-market from the marketedge premarket screener report

Sold:  @ $40.07, a 0.5% gain

Reason Sold:  The price initially went up and then dipped down quickly.  Didn't want to be caught under my purchase price.  

Ticker price at End of Day:  $48.25....d'oh...would have been a 21% gain.

Balance of my $100:  $97.12

So, I learned that up in pre-market is a decent strategy.  I just got scared too quickly from my losses on Friday.  And update, I only ended up losing $3.28 on Friday.  The stock I sold at end of day blipped up right at the end, so I didn't lose as much as I thought I would.  

I've also learned that its not best for me to buy right as market opens.  I need a chance to review the charts before buying, so I'll take my time the next few days.

I cannot buy anything today (Tuesday) because Etrade has a rule that the funds from selling can't be used for buying until the balance has settled.  I've moved a little more cash in so this doesn't happen again, but for today, I'm out.  I'll use the time to watch a few more stock picking youtube videos.  



No comments:

Post a Comment