Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Back on Top

 I made a successful trade today for a 12.4% gain!

I started in premarket.  Saw a stock come up on my screener with a big premarket change, watched the chart to insure it was bullish, made sure it had a news catalyst and bought it.

Then, I sweated it out for about 30 minutes when the chart turned bearish.  I put in a limit sell, and when the market opened, the stock popped again and I sold at my limit.

What did I learn?  Set a limit sell right away.  Don't wait to see what the stock does and hope that it really takes off.  I could have sold at the limit I ended up setting about 20 minutes before, but I was too greedy and hopeful.  This is a lesson I have been struggling with during my day trading project.  I have to keep reminding myself that I'm not looking for a grand slam.  I just want to take some percentage points off the top and move on with my day.

Ticker purchased:  SYPR

Price purchased:  $6.05

Price sold:  $6.80

Gain:  $14.25, 12.4%

Total amount for day trading:  $130.70

Can't trade tomorrow again.  I would put more money in to prevent this from happening, but every time I have more money in I end up going long on something else.  I'm going to end some of my long positions soon, and I'll be able to trade more frequently.  

And, in most wonderful news, Gamestop is making a move again.  Hooray!


No comments:

Post a Comment