Thursday, February 18, 2021

Premarket Discovery

 I have grown frustrated with day trading the past few days as I would see stocks making huge gains premarket only to fall as soon as the market opens.  Like Bernie Sanders says, "it is rigged."

Well, I finally figured out how to rig it up in my favor.  Etrade allows for extended hours trading for a 1/2 penny a share fee.  When only trading $100 on a few stocks, sign me up!  

I didn't discover this until 9am, so I didn't get to capitalize on it a lot today.  I did give it a try with GTEC and made a quick 1.3% during premarket.

I also broke all of my rules I tried to establish yesterday.  I get alerts when  stock gets halted.  PHCF got halted early on in the trading hours, so I jumped in and bought as soon as the halt was over.  Sold it for a cool 13% gain, approx 1 minute later.  

I'm learning slowly...very slowly...how to set limits based on a small gain.  My instinct is to want to keep holding because it might go higher.  So far, my candlestick charts haven't told me wrong...I've just ignored them and what they are telling me.

Summary:

Sold SENS at an 8% loss which put me below my $100 at $98.77.

Bought GTEC and sold for a 1.3% gain, brought my balance to $99.97.

Bought PHCF and sold for a 13% gain, brought my balance to $111.97.

So, I'm up 12% overall, or a 1.5% average daily gain since I started.

I can't trade tomorrow because I made 3 trades today, so it will take a day for the account to settle.  I'm going to use the time to settle down my emotions as well and study how to stick with charts and use them to my advantage in premarket.  



No comments:

Post a Comment