Friday, February 12, 2021

Finished the week with a gain!

 Tickers Purchased: DNN @ $1.18/share

Reason:  Pre-market increase with gap of greater than 4%


Sold:  Decided to try the split the difference method, so I sold 42 @ $1.25 and 43 @ $1.14

Reason Sold: I watched more youtube videos on analyzing the charts, so I noticed that there was a good point of resistance at $1.25.  I decided to sell half to see if it would break through the resistance and move up.  It obviously didn't, and I sold it before I would be in a loss position.   

Ticker price at End of Day: As of 3pm:  $1.10/share

Balance of my $100:  $104.67, gained 1.3%





I spent some time yesterday watching youtube videos.  I found a new free software to use as well:  tradingview.com  It has a much better screener that is easy to filter.  Surprised that what I used it for was free.  

I learned today that it is best to focus in on those stocks who have pre-market gains but not excessive gains.  The ones with huge gains all went down when market opened.  

I also learned a lot about support (low levels) and resistance (high levels) and how you can use those trends to determine your entrance and exit points.  Obviously, that worked great if I had just decided to sell all at $1.25.  But, I'm glad I stayed in to learn that exiting at my first good point of resistance is best for a day trader. I'm looking for small gains that add up, rather than a grand slam. 

I'm starting to set my rules of engagement for now:

1-Select stocks that moved up in pre-market less than 20% with a greater than 4% gap

2-Stay true to the support and resistance levels--don't deviate for the hope that it will push through the highest high

3-Print out candlestick patterns, so I can start learning them better.  There are so many different patterns:  morning star, spinning top, hanging man, tombstone

Glad the market is closed on Monday.  It is getting a little exhausting to watch the market all day.  I'm hoping to change my strategy to be in and out within the 9:45-10:30 time frame, so I can go about my day.










No comments:

Post a Comment