Thursday, March 13, 2014

Meat Eater

So, while yesterday was not quite a vegan day, today was definitely not a vegan day.  Disappointment abounds.  And, I've gained a pound, but I'll cry over my first world problems another day.  Here's the gory truth.

Breakfast was at least my usual oatmeal.  That's one thing I don't kill any animals for.

I got off the day to a good start actually.  I even made my own lunch.  A PB&J with carrots and hummus. Not too shaby.  However, all of my good intentions went awry one bite into the sandwich.  I had to use jelly of an unknown date of origin.  I thought it would be fine.  I was wrong.  It was disgusting.  Apparently, old jelly just sort of congeals and then disintegrates in your mouth in a very awful manner.  Jelly jar out of fridge and sandwich was thrown away.



Fortunately, the cafeteria was just 500 steps away (thank you fitbit.)  I got a veggie tray with another piece of crackbread.

I had a snack of cashew crunches.  


Then, came murder of the animal kind.  I go to church dinner every Wed and while I didn't have to eat the chicken I went ahead and did it anyway.  It was super delish.  I also had sweet tea and 2 croissants.  I think you could describe this meal as being a little off track. 


I finished the night off with an apple with caramel (again, non-vegan.)  So because of all of this bread I eat, I'm up a pound.  I am getting more nutrients than my usual diet, but I am also getting more calories.  Not the ideal combo.  I can give you a sneak peak that the next day isn't going to be much better, but what's a girl to do.  I always do better on days that I don't work, so here's to hoping I can get back on track.


No comments:

Post a Comment