Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Prairie Dresses Ordered!

First things first....I've got our Little House on the Prairie dresses ordered for the party.  We are going full Ingalls here people.  Sister and I will have matching dresses.  As pictured here...
Custom pioneer Wild West Little House on the Prairie old fashioned dress women's reenacting--Caroline
I ordered them from a lady in Kalamazoo.  I decided to go matching to really ratchet the geek factor up a bit.  Mostly, because I have realized that I have missed geeking it out since high school.  Dressing up and acting "in character" to the point of making people feel uncomfortable is my thing.  So, it's time to do it up right.

Still need to plan lots of the details, but at least we have the time sensitive piece taken care of.  I just wish I could sew so that I could make aprons for all the girls coming.  Oh, well.  There's not time left for me, but there's still time left for Sister to learn how to sew (don't you love how you can live your life through your children??)

In diet news, yesterday I had more of a vegetarian day rather than vegan.  Oatmeal for breakfast--I sparing you the reposting of pictures.

For lunch, I had veggies from the hospital cafeteria.  People rag on hospital food, but I find it simply tantalizing.  Sadly, the breaded zucchini probably has egg in it and the cornbread would, too.  And, I couldn't resist a little parkay.  Don't fear, I wasn't a total glut.  I ended up getting too many parkays.  



For dinner, we had Tofurkey for the first time ever.  It was good.  I try to avoid processed soy products because they really aren't any better than other processed foods, but I wanted to try it out.  It was sort of a meatball for our spaghetti.  I also gorged out on the last pieces of the bread.  Thank goodness.  Won't purchase it again as fancy bread is my weakness.

Only thing not pictured is an apply with some caramel dip (which had milk product in it.)  So, not total vegan, but at least no animals were killed in the making of my meal.  Harmed, probably, but not killed.


No comments:

Post a Comment