Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Par-tay Planning

I am making major progress on our Little House on the Prairie birthday party.

Thank goodness that amazon sells pretty much everything.  Including this...
You might wonder how we can justify an expense of a washboard for a one time party.  Well, I just have to say we are one step closer in fulfilling my lifetime dream of having a bluegrass band.  This item was not purchased in the Home category, but rather, in the musical instruments.  

And this...

So, this is a purchase for Bruiser.  Not sure why they need sexy coonskin cap, but I guess sex sells even in the child's hat category.



I can't wait for this party!  If only now I could find a butter churn and and old timey cash register, we would be set.  It mostly feels good to be planning a party in advance of actually having it.  We are typically flying by the seat of our pants at all times, so this is a nice feeling.  I've got the invites figured out, just need to print and send. Hubs recommended that we include a copy of the first Little House tv movie as he believes that most little girls don't know about the Ingalls. Don't know what planet he is living on...not knowing Caroline and Charles and Mary and Laura and baby carrie and baby grace and Mr. Edwards and Nellie Olsen and Albert...ludicrous I tell ya!  

In the world of eating, yesterday was great.  The bus is about to come so I don't have time to post pics, but I was very vegany.  Oatmeal, veggies for lunch, and our famous chili for dinner.  I did have a mishap with my oats in the morning.  Work BFF sorted me out.  The top of my bowl cover completely flattened in the microwave and absolutely would not come off.  I was about to declare it a muffin day when she came up the brilliant idea to have me heat it back up.  Sadly, it worked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment