Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Some extra tips

I'm getting back on track with the whole diet thing.  Yesterday was a good day.  Not a great day, but better than drowning in cheese.

I was hoping to get a double workout in as I've decided that excessive exercise is definitely where this party needs to head.  I got an elliptical workout in the morning and was very much looking forward to doing a class called Bodyflow at 7 after hubs got home.  Everything was on track until....dum dum dum....2 extras gigs came across the screen.  Must apply, need new pictures, panic, frenzy.   This bring me to my first lesson in booking extras work in ATL:

1--ALWAYS have good pictures ready to go at all times.

Booking a gig is dependent mostly by the speed to which you apply.  Taking new pictures, downloading, and posting all takes time.  It is best if you can keep some good shots on the cloud so they are ready to go with no trouble.  Hubs has the best pictures going (thanks to the good photog work of our nanny), and I can just forward previous submissions to the new address--the best thing is that he has both bearded kinds and clean shaven which definitely comes in handy (particularly since halt and catch fire which is currently filming wants a more bearded man.)  Just take out the dates, make a more relevant joke with some kind of emoticon, and press send.  The kids and myself have had a more difficult time as all of our pictures have been taken in a frenzy of wanting to submit quickly.  I need to arrange time to gussy up and get some good outside shots for posting in the future.  I will say that this is not always true in that the pic I submitted for Bruiser for D&D2 was a pic of him covered in green paint.  I think what got him the gig in the end is that I submitted quickly, and he had long hair.  I also sent the link to his wildly successful DumbandDumberToddlers youtube video (and I am saying that tongue in cheek.) If that tipped the scales his way, then we are totally awesome...like for real.

Anyway, the frenzy of submitting the pics caused me to miss my class.  Oh, well.

One of my fave meals of all time is a veggie Moe's burrito, particularly on Moe Monday.  No cheese, believe it or not.  In the cup is tea.  I think I've beat the coke addiction down.


For dinner, I was inspired by our good friends.  I finally made spaghetti squash! It was great, but you can see my crackbread all lined up like little soldiers ready for battle of my caloric intake.  I really just need to be hypnotized to not like bread.  I think that will be the only way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment