Friday, March 14, 2014

The Binge

It all started out so innocently.  I made sure to put my oatmeal/banana/walnut combo in my lunch bag to eat at work.  But, then it all went so wrong.

Somehow, I failed to eat breakfast.  I fully blame my work BFF.  I depend on her to raz me about my usual breakfast choice (double chocolate chip muffin--yum) and that gives me a reminder to get the oatmeal started.  But, it was a busy day in the office, and time just got away from me.  Of course, by lunchtime, I announced to everyone I saw that I was eating whatever the heck I wanted and for them to keep their traps shut.  Work BFF and I walked down to the cafeteria, and I saw steak, and I wanted it.  Thankfully, an image of the horrible feces filled animal feed lots filled my mind, and I went for a veggie plate instead.  But, I didn't go vegan.  That cheesy goodness you see pictured is hashbrown casserole.  It was great.  Fortunately, I didn't end up eating too many of the okra since fried is bad (and work BFF gave me more heck for them then she did me possibly getting a steak.)


Sadly, that was the only good decision of my eating day.  The rest of my hours were a blur of cookies and sour patch kids and chick fil a.  YUCK!  (For some reason the poorly treated chickens living in darkness that aren't even able to walk don't flood my brain like those poor cows do--must be the eyes.)  

There was a bright side to all of this.  I didn't drink coke.  That's the only win I had, but it is a big one.  If I slide back down to the coke side, there might be no coming back.

I couldn't bring myself to weigh this morning.  The cookies I consumed alone were like 900 calories + the chick-fil-a meal was probably a 1,000.  But, tomorrow is another day, and I can already look into the future and see that it is going to be a good one.  It involves my usual breakfast and a great workout. I still have until April 30th to crush my siblings in the weight challenge.  That's plenty of time! 




No comments:

Post a Comment