Monday, March 1, 2021

TD 11: Done for the Day at 8am 5.3% gain

 I'm finally figuring out a strategy that is working for me.  

I find a bigger premarket change, watch the chart for a bit, look for the news, confirm hight volume, and try to buy on a good entry.

It worked for me on Friday, 2/26.  Made 6% off of LIXT. And today, 3/1, made 5.3% on ASLN.

I am having a problem finding a really good entry.  I see where I should buy--usually off the 20 period moving average, but I get scared that it might go up.  So far, in all instances, it has come down to the 20 period MA.  Note to self to try that tomorrow as I'm losing gains, and I'm spending a little too much time sweating out the trade.

The best thing about premarket is that prices move fast, and so far, in my limited experience, the more a stock has changed premarket the more interest it gets as it gets closer to market open.  The additional volume will cause the stock to spike rapidly.  I'm trying to be conservative with my exits and just go in for a decent gain and not the grand slam.  I'm trying to enter lower than the premarket high and set my sell as the premarket high at that point.

Of course, a news catalyst is key to good, consistent movement.  So, I've learned to pass on stocks that just have good charts without news.  I'm also trying to stay away from the under $5.  I still have to pay a minimal trading fee per share, and I'm trying to keep down that added cost.

Here are my financial stats:

2/26:  LIXT, bought at $6.96/share, sold at $7.38/share, a 6.0% gain.

3/1:  ASLN, bought at $7.50/share, sold at $7.90/share, a 5.3% gain.

Total of my $100: $145.86.  I've traded 11 days, so that's 4% gain a day.  If I can keep this up my hundred will turn to $1,000 by trading day 61.  However, I seriously doubt that I will achieve that as everyday will not be a winner.  

In good news, I was able to sell half of my GME holdings at $175/share...got that price with a premarket spike.  I kept the other half of my holdings (3 shares) as a stick it to the man move, and I will keep those shares forever...or until it goes back to $480/share. With that sale, I now won't have to keep taking trading days off.  I will keep enough cash in my account to float the settling period of T+2.  

Happy Trading!





No comments:

Post a Comment