Wednesday, March 10, 2021

TD 18: Halted! 14.6% gain

 I had a very nice trade today.  

Came up on premarket screener with news.  A company that was just awarded a big government contract.  

Thought I got a good entry....could have gotten a much better entry.  Kept me a little bit worried, but I figured with the stimulus passed the market would be wild today, so I held through premarket.  I increased my limit sale when the stock was halted about 5 minutes into market open.  I increased but not too much, so after halt, I sold and got the gain.  

Lesson learned today is to not start my trade until 7:45-8.  I'm finding earlier than that is a little choppy, and I'm buying too high.  The premarket starts out hot and then settles down, so it's best to do my analysis beginning at 7:45.  So instead of mediating after placing my trade, I'll meditate first.

I don't even care one bit about the gains I missed out on because it is always such a relief to get a good gain and get out.  


Ticker:  XELA

Price bought:  $6.11/share

Price sold:  $7.00/share

Gain:  14.6% 

Total of my $100:  $271.35, a 9.5% average daily gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment