Friday, March 5, 2021

TD 15: 8.3% gain but my butt hurts from sitting for 2 hours

 Got my loss back from yesterday. Thank goodness!  

The premarket screener looked much better today than yesterday.  I had my eye on ticker WTRH which announced it was going to become the Amazon of weed delivery.  I thought that would really take off, but while it had good volume, it really slowed down and wasn't moving.

The other big movement was a Chinese company, but I have found them to be very fickle. There was also an Israel drug company that was up, but it had no news which scared me.  

So, I sat and sat and my butt began to hurt.  I knew I could find something, and I really thought my weed stock was going to start moving.  

Then, around 8:45 an FDA announcement was made for ticker EYES.  They just got approval for something that will help with blindness.  Exactly the catalyst I needed.  

I watched the chart and found a decent entry.  Unfortunately, in premarket it didn't go up to my exit which was slightly below the premarket high.  I felt good about the news catalyst and thought the market open would help.  

I had my order in for $2.36 but had hope that it would break through and go higher.  What do I know about hope??? Don't have any!!  The stock got some movement right when the market opened, and I got excited that it was going to break.  I hurried over to Etrade to change my sell limit to higher.  God bless Etrade.  It had already initiated my sell order.  Which is awesome because the stock immediately fell to below the level I purchased it at.  Why do I have to keep learning my own lesson of stick with the plan???  

At this moment, 9:45 it is trading higher than my sell, but I'm glad I'm out of it and can move forward with my life.  An 8% gain is amazing.  If I got 8% everyday, I would have $100k in 100 trading days.  I can live with that.  Glad Etrade has my back. Now I can close down my computer and go for a walk on this beautiful day.  My butt will thank me.


Ticker:  EYES

Bought:  $2.18/share

Sold:  $2.36/share

Gain:  8.3%

Total of $100:  $220.28, an 8.0% daily average gain

No comments:

Post a Comment