Thursday, March 18, 2021

TD 23 and 24: Digging back out

 I failed to post yesterday as I had to actually physically go in to work which threw off my whole day.  

I was able to make one trade yesterday, TNXP for a 2.7% gain.

Today, I made 3 round trip trades, and I got lucky.  I also determined that I really can't trade multiple tickers until I get a better software.  It's too complicated to be watching all 3 charts for entrances and exits on the set up I have now.

NEOS:  I started with NEOS.  It was the big premarket gainer, and it had news of a merger.  I bought too high and decided to jump out at a 5.6% loss when the chart looked bad.  I hated the loss but glad I actually took a loss.  Too often I hang on for too long.

UONE:  On morning screener, and it had the technical set up I was looking for.  My setup isn't great, though, and I started really sweating it out thinking the whole day would be at a loss.  Fortunately, it turned around a bit at market open, and I was able to get out with a 0.7% gain.

OCG:  My big winner.  It was on the morning screener and chosen by my favorite morning trader.  Again, I thought I was able to have to sell at a loss, but the buyers showed up in a big way, halted the stock, and I sold for a 15% gain when the halt was over.  

I have determined that I need better software to do my analysis.  The free version of tradingview I use was a great starting point.  Etrade has terrible software, so I think I will move over to TD Ameritrade.  They have free software called sinkorswim, and it is the industry leader as far as free goes.  TD Ameritrade is basically the same thing as Etrade, so I might as well take advantage of the free tools.  I'll start working on a transition to Ameritrade today.

Glad to be back on the winning side again.

Balance of $100:  $109.05, a 0.4% average daily gain.


No comments:

Post a Comment