Tuesday, March 16, 2021

TD 19-22 Dog Days! Learning how to lose

 I have made some truly bad trades the past few days.  My knowledge on when to exit was terrible.  I kept being emotional and holding in for a reversal when no reversal came.  I thought that stocks with news would always rebound.  #fakenews

It started with AVEO.  A great little pharmaceutical company that just got FDA approval for a drug to treat kidney cancer.  It was up and up and looked to continue to go up.  It did not.  I held it as the company kept putting out good news after good news, but the market didn't respond.  

I finally let it go today at a 36% loss.  I wanted to jump back in and bought SGLB, but I didn't follow my governing rules.  I wasn't able to trade in premarket, so I bought it around lunchtime.  Bad idea.  It did pop up from where I bought it, but then it went down the toilet.  I sold it this morning for a 34.8% loss.

Then, I turned on the live stream of my favorite trader and decided to invest in the biggest premarket mover with news. Listening to him confused me, and I didn't sell when I meant to.  Blek.  That gave me a 9% loss. 

I bounced back a little with ENZ.  Got a respectable 3.5% gain on a quick trade, but it wasn't pretty.

Unfortunately, my quick gain on ENZ made me think I could get my money back.  Bad idea.  I bought ANCN, and it sank like a rock, a 12.7% loss.

But, as everyone says, the failures are what you need to learn.  I have learned a lot today.  I have changed my chart indicators and realized that I have to trade on a 5 minute chart, not a 1 minute.  The 1 minute moves to fast, and I can't keep up and get emotional with the trades. I learned about bull flags and VWAP and MACD.

I'm looking forward to trading tomorrow with my new tools and see if they make a difference.

Total of my $100:  $96.60




  

No comments:

Post a Comment